Manifestations of oxygen Toxicity
- eyelid twitching is the most commonly seen manifestation of O2 toxicity and usually is a warning that a full-blown seizure is imminent.
- blurred vision
- visual field constriction
- visual hallucinations
- transient one-sided loss of vision
- reversible after termination of the O2 exposure.
- Removal of the O2 source immediately.
- No residua unless secondary trauma or near-drowning occur from a convulsion.
Prevented by using appropriate O2 concentrations at proper depths.